Download a pdf version of my CV.
Name: Philip 'Flip' Tanedo ()
Postdoctoral scholar in theoretical physics.
4129 Frederick Reines Hall,
Department of Physics and Astronomy
University of California
Irvine, CA 92697-4575
Cornell University; Ithaca, NY.
Doctor of Philosophy in Physics, May 2013
Master of Science in Physics, May 2010
Thesis: "Flight of the Warped Penguins and other Tales of Strong Coupling from Beyond the Standard Model"
Adviser: Csaba Csáki
Durham University; Durham, UK.
Master of Science in Physics, July 2008
MSc Thesis: "One-Loop MSSM Predictions for Bs,d→ll' at low tan beta."
Advisers: Athanasios Dedes, Nigel Glover
Trinity College, Cambridge University; Cambridge, UK.
Master of Advanced Study in Mathematics (with Merit), June 2007
(Part III of the Mathematics Tripos)
Part III Essay: "Massive Neutrinos in Warped Extra Dimensions."
Essay Adviser: Benjamin Allanach
Stanford University; Stanford, CA
Bachelor of Science in Physics and Mathematics with Honors and Distinction, June 2006
Honors Thesis: "Bino dark matter in the Split-Supersymmetric Higgs Resonance Region."
Honors Adviser: Savas Dimopoulos
Undergraduate Advisers: Scott Thomas, Stephen Shenker
University of California Irvine; Irvine, CA.
Postdoctoral Scholar, September 2013 - August 2016
Particle Theory Group, Department of Physics and Astronomy
Honors and Awards
- "The Effective Theory of Self-Interacting Dark Matter,"
B. Bellazzini, M. Cliche, P. Tanedo; (2013) [1307.1129]
- "The Same-Sign Dilepton Signature of RPV/MFV SUSY,"
J. Berger, M. Perelstein, M. Saelim, P. Tanedo; JHEP 1304 077 (2013) [1302.2146]
- "Fundamental Physics at the Intensity Frontier,"
J. Hewett, H. Weerts, R. Brock, J. Butler, B. Casey, others; (2012) [1205.2671]
- "The Birds and the Bs in RS: The b to sγ penguin in a warped extra dimension,"
M. Blanke, B. Shakya, P. Tanedo, Y. Tsai; JHEP 1208 038 (2012) [1203.6650]
- "SUSY_FLAVOR v2: A Computational tool for FCNC and CP-violating processes in the MSSM,"
A. Crivellin, J. Rosiek, P. Chankowski, A. Dedes, S. Jaeger, others; Comput.Phys.Commun. 184 1004-1032 (2013) [1203.5023]
- "A Top Seesaw on a 5D Playground,"
D. Bunk, J. Hubisz, J. Shao, P. Tanedo; (2011) [1111.3951]
- "Goldstone Fermion Dark Matter,"
B. Bellazzini, C. Csaki, J. Hubisz, J. Shao, P. Tanedo; JHEP 1109 035 (2011) [1106.2162]
- "Warped penguin diagrams,"
C. Csaki, Y. Grossman, P. Tanedo, Y. Tsai; Phys.Rev. D83 073002 (2011) [1004.2037]
- "SUSY_FLAVOR: A Computational Tool for FCNC and CP-Violating Processes in the MSSM,"
J. Rosiek, P. Chankowski, A. Dedes, S. Jager, P. Tanedo; Comput.Phys.Commun. 181 2180-2205 (2010) [1003.4260]
- "Complete One-Loop MSSM Predictions for B -> lepton lepton' at the Tevatron and LHC,"
A. Dedes, J. Rosiek, P. Tanedo; Phys.Rev. D79 055006 (2009) [0812.4320]
See talks for summary and slides.
Schools and Conferences
- TeV Particle Astrophysics; Irvine, CA, 26 - 29 August 2013
- Prospects in Theoretical Physics; Princeton, NJ, 15 - 26 July 2013
- Communicating Science 2013; Cambridge, MA, 13 - 15 June 2013.
- Phenomenology Symposium 2012; Pittsburgh, PA, 7 - 9 May 2012.
- Fundamental Physics at the Intensity Frontier; Rockville, MD, 30 Nov - 2 Dec 2011.
- Soros Fellowship for New Americans Fall Conference; Open Society Institute, 20-23 October 11
- SUSY 2012; Fermilab, 28 August - 2 September 2011.
- First Year of the LHC; KITP, 1-26 August 2011.
- SUSY Breaking 2011; CERN, 13-24 May 2011.
- Pheno 2011; University of Wisconsin, Madison, 9-11 May 11.
- Soros Fellowship for New Americans Fall Conference; Open Society Institute, 22-24 October 10
- Emerging problems in particle phenomenology; ITS @ The Graduate Center (CUNY), 9-10 April 10.
- Theoretical Advanced Studies Institute; University of Colorado at Boulder, 1-26 June 09.
- Workshop on SUSY Breaking; Durham University, 20-24 April 09.
- Beyond Part III; Cambridge University, 16-18 April 09.
- ICTP Gauge/Gravity School; ICTP (Trieste), 19-30 May 08.
- Marshall Colloquium; Association of Commonwealth Universities (London), 12 May 08.
- 5th Part III Return Conference; Cambridge University, 16-18 April 08.
- IOP HEPP Group Annual Meeting; University of Lancaster, 31 March - 2 April 08.
- Higgs-Maxwell Workshop: EWSB; Royal Society of Edinburgh, 13 February 08.
- Young Experimentalists and Theorists Institute; IPPP (Durham), 7-9 January 08.
- Annual Theory Meeting; IPPP (Durham), 17-19 December 07.
- UK LHCb Annual Meeting; IPPP (Durham), 24-26 September 07.
- Cosener's Forum on Heavy Flavour Physics; Cosener's House Abingdon, 21-22 June 2007.
- Teaching Assistant, Physics 3318: Analytical Mechanics (Cornell, 2013).
- Teaching Assistant, Physics 3327: Advanced Electricity and Magnetism (Cornell, 2012).
- Course Grader, Physics 7651: Quantum Field Theory (Cornell, 2011).
- Course Grader, Physics 137A: Quantum Mechanics (Berkeley, 2006).
- Teaching Assistant, Physics 121: Electrodynamics II (Stanford, 2006).
- Course Grader, Physics 161: Cosmology (Stanford, 2006).
- Sophomore College Course Assistant for The Elementary Particles and their Fundamental Interactions (Stanford, 2004). Stanford High School Enrichment Program course on modern physics (2004) and corresponding SPLASH! course (2005).
- Co-organizer: UCI Particle Astrophysics Journal Club, Fall 2013 - present.
- Referee: Annals of Physics (Elsevier), 2013.
- Referee: Europhysics Letters (EPS), 2012.
- Organizer: Cornell BSM Journal Club, Fall 2009 - 2013.
- Cornell Physics Department Colloquium Committee, 2009 - 2010.
- Organizer: Cornell Collider Physics Journal Club, Fall 2008.
- Stanford Undergraduate Studies Committee, 2004 - 2006.