Download a pdf version of my CV.
Name: Philip 'Flip' Tanedo ()
Ph.D. candidate in theoretical physics.
117 Clark Hall,
Ithaca, New York 14853-2501
Cornell University; Ithaca, NY.
Doctor of Philosophy in Physics (anticipated), May 2013
Master of Science in Physics , May 2010
Adviser: Csaba Csáki
Durham University; Durham, UK.
Master of Science in Physics, July 2008
MSc Thesis: "One-Loop MSSM Predictions for Bs,d→ll' at low tan beta."
Advisers: Athanasios Dedes, Nigel Glover
Trinity College, Cambridge University; Cambridge, UK.
Master of Advanced Study in Mathematics (with Merit), June 2007
(Part III of the Mathematics Tripos)
Part III Essay: "Massive Neutrinos in Warped Extra Dimensions."
Essay Adviser: Benjamin Allanach
Stanford University; Stanford, CA
Bachelor of Science in Physics and Mathematics with Honors and Distinction, June 2006
Honors Thesis: "Bino dark matter in the Split-Supersymmetric Higgs Resonance Region."
Honors Adviser: Savas Dimopoulos
Undergraduate Advisers: Scott Thomas, Stephen Shenker
Honors and Awards
- Fundamental Physics at the Intensity Frontier, [arXiv:1205.2671]. Hewett, J.L. and Weerts, H. and Brock, R. and Butler, J.N. and Casey, B.C.K. and others. (2012)
- The birds and the Bs in RS: the b to s gamma penguin in a warped extra dimension, JHEP 08 (2012) 038 [arXiv:1203.6650]. M. Blanke, B. Shakya, Philip Tanedo, Y. Tsai. (2012)
- A Top Seesaw on a 5D Playground, [arXiv:1111.3951]. D. Bunk, J. Hubisz, J. Shao, Philip Tanedo. (2011)
- Goldstone Fermion Dark Matter, JHEP 09 (2011) 035 [arXiv:1106.2162]. B. Bellazzini, C. Csáki, J. Hubisz, J. Shao, Philip Tanedo. (2011)
- SUSY_FLAVOR: a computational tool for FCNC and CP-violating processes in the MSSM, Comp. Phys. Comm. 181 (2010) 2180-2205 [arXiv:1003.4260 [hep-ph]]. J. Rosiek, P. Chankowski, A. Dedes, S. Jager, P. Tanedo. (2010)
- Warped Penguins, Phys. Rev. D83, 073002 (2011), [arXiv:1004.2037]. C. Csáki, Y. Grossman, P. Tanedo, Y. Tsai. (2010)
- Complete One-Loop MSSM Predictions for Bs,d→ll' at the Tevatron and LHC, Phys. Rev. D79, 055006 (2009) [arXiv:0812.4320 [hep-ph]]. A. Dedes, J. Rosiek, P. Tanedo. (2008/09)
- One-Loop MSSM Predictions for Bs,d→ll' at low tanβ, MSc. Thesis. Advisers: A. Dedes, N. Glover. Readers: B. Allanach, P. Ball. (2008)
- Massive Neutrinos in Warped Extra Dimensions, Part III essay. Reader: B. Allanach. (2007)
- Split-Supersymmetry in the Higgs Resonance Region, undergraduate honours thesis. Adviser:
S. Dimopoulos. Second reader: J. Hewett. (2006)
- Role of anisotropy in the spin-dimer compound BaCuSi2O6, Phys. Rev. B74, 180401
(2006) [arXiv:cond-mat/0606244]. S. E. Sebastian, P. Tanedo, P. A. Goddard, S.-C. Lee, A. Wilson, S. Kim, S. Cox, R.
D. McDonald, S. Hill, N. Harrison, C. D. Batista, and I. R. Fisher.
- High Field Behavior of the Spin Gap Compound Sr2Cu(BO3)2, Phys. Rev. B71, 212405
(2005) [arXiv:cond-mat/0403334]. S. E. Sebastian, D. Yin, P. Tanedo, G.A. Jorge, N. Harrison, M. Jaime, Y. Mozharivskvj,
G. Miller, J. Krzystek, S. A. Zvyagin, I.R. Fisher.
- Modeling of the transverse linear optics of a charged particle storage ring. SLAC-TN-03-016.
Partial fulfillment of the Sci. Undergrad. Lab. Internship (SULI). Adviser: Y. Yan. (2003)
See talks for summary and slides.
Schools and Conferences
- Phenomenology Symposium 2012; Pittsburgh, PA, 7 - 9 May 2012.
- Fundamental Physics at the Intensity Frontier; Rockville, MD, 30 Nov - 2 Dec 2011.
- Soros Fellowship for New Americans Fall Conference; Open Society Institute, 20-23 October 11
- SUSY 2012; Fermilab, 28 August - 2 September 2011.
- First Year of the LHC; KITP, 1-26 August 2011.
- SUSY Breaking 2011; CERN, 13-24 May 2011.
- Pheno 2011; University of Wisconsin, Madison, 9-11 May 11.
- Soros Fellowship for New Americans Fall Conference; Open Society Institute, 22-24 October 10
- Emerging problems in particle phenomenology; ITS @ The Graduate Center (CUNY), 9-10 April 10.
- Theoretical Advanced Studies Institute; University of Colorado at Boulder, 1-26 June 09.
- Workshop on SUSY Breaking; Durham University, 20-24 April 09.
- Beyond Part III; Cambridge University, 16-18 April 09.
- ICTP Gauge/Gravity School; ICTP (Trieste), 19-30 May 08.
- Marshall Colloquium; Association of Commonwealth Universities (London), 12 May 08.
- 5th Part III Return Conference; Cambridge University, 16-18 April 08.
- IOP HEPP Group Annual Meeting; University of Lancaster, 31 March - 2 April 08.
- Higgs-Maxwell Workshop: EWSB; Royal Society of Edinburgh, 13 February 08.
- Young Experimentalists and Theorists Institute; IPPP (Durham), 7-9 January 08.
- Annual Theory Meeting; IPPP (Durham), 17-19 December 07.
- UK LHCb Annual Meeting; IPPP (Durham), 24-26 September 07.
- Cosener's Forum on Heavy Flavour Physics; Cosener's House Abingdon, 21-22 June 2007.
- Teaching Assistant, Physics 3327: Advanced Electricity and Magnetism (Cornell, 2012).
- Course Grader, Physics 7651: Quantum Field Theory (Cornell, 2011).
- Course Grader, Physics 137A: Quantum Mechanics (Berkeley, 2006).
- Teaching Assistant, Physics 121: Electrodynamics II (Stanford, 2006).
- Course Grader, Physics 161: Cosmology (Stanford, 2006).
- Sophomore College Course Assistant for The Elementary Particles and their Fundamental Interactions (Stanford, 2004). Stanford High School Enrichment Program course on modern physics (2004) and corresponding SPLASH! course (2005).
- Organizer: Cornell BSM Journal Club, Fall 2009 - present.
- Cornell Physics Department Colloquium Committee, 2009 - 2010.
- Organizer: Cornell Collider Physics Journal Club, Fall 2008.
- Stanford Undergraduate Studies Committee, 2004 - 2006.